The conference venue, Maskawa Hall (Maskawa Building for Education and Research), is in North Campus, Kyoto University. Maskawa Building for Education and Research is shown as #13 on the campus map page below.
Campus map: https://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/access/north-campus-map
Details about venue: https://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ja/about/facilities/campus/kyoshokuin/hokubu/gaiyou (only in Japanese)
The North Campus can be reached by Kyoto city bus. The neareast bus stop is Kyodai Nogakubu-mae, and the second nearest one is Hyakumanben (10 min walk along Imadegawa Street).
- From Kyoto station (JR/Kintetsu Railway/Kyoto Municipal Subway):
- Take the Kyoto city bus 17 (to Ginkakuji temple) to Kyodai Nogakubu-mae for about 30 minutes.
- Take the Kyoto city bus 206 (Gion via Kiyomizu-dera temple) to Hyakumanben for about 30 minutes and walk for 10 minutes.
- From Shijo Kawaramachi (Hankyu Railway, Kyoto Kawaramachi Station):
- Take the Kyoto city bus 17 (to Ginkakuji temple) to Kyodai Nogakubu-mae for about 20 minutes.
- Take the Kyoto city bus 201 (Hyakumanben via Gion) to Hyakumanben for about 20 minutes and walk for 10 minutes.
See the bottom of the above campus map page for the access from various boarding bus stops.
Kyoto city bus information guide: https://www2.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/webguide/en/bus/index_bus.html
There are no hotels in the walking distance from the conference venue. We recommend finding a hotel in the city center.
Travel to Kyoto
Top image is the dome of the 45 cm refractor telescope in the Kwasan Observatory, Kyoto University.